We are pleased to announce the release of AppScale 2.8.0!
This second to last version of the series, brings a long list of small improvements, and starts to lay the foundation for the upcoming 3 series; in particular in the datastore and controller services, as well as in the AppScale Tools to make an admin's life easier.
Let's dive right in! As usual, thanks to our awesome community for helping us improve AppScale:
Updated Go support to version 1.4.3!
Datastore and automated Backup/Recovery hooks
- Datastore read-only mode
- Multiple equality filters for NDB queries
- Multiple filters on kind-less queries
- Deletion of invalid kind indices
- Improved Datastore logging
- Updated query cursor format
- Coordination of Backup /Recovery operations from the head node
- Support for custom backup locations
Remote deployment monitoring
- System Manager: new platform monitoring service
- Hermes: centralized system status bank
- appscalesensor: API monitoring app for registered deployments
- Refreshed AppScale status reporting
User interface and administration
- Docker FastStart comes with cron enabled
- AppScale Dashboard reports both HTTP and HTTPS app info
- Log rotation is extended to minimize disk space usage
- Reduced build verbosity
- Support for new amd64 relocations
Controller and fault-tolerance improvements
- HAProxy load balancing for internal services like UserAppServer and Blobstore
- Better exception handling and logging in the AppController
- Monit interface isolation
Click below to get started with AppScale 2.8.0 and reach out on our Community Group or IRC (#appscale on freenode). We'd love to hear what you're using AppScale for.
Want to try out AppScale? Click below to deploy your first app on AppScale in less than 10 minutes.